Skin cancer screening and more in Orchard Park, New York
Radiant, youthful complexions begin with healthy skin, and healthy skin plays an important role in overall wellness. You can count on Dr. Peter Accetta and his team of skin care professionals in Orchard Park, NY for the care you need, from skin cancer screening to diagnosis and treatment, as well as rejuvenation.
Importance of skin cancer screening
Orchard Park, NY, and the surrounding Buffalo suburbs of Hamburg, East Aurora, and West Seneca share a high incidence of skin cancer and sun induced keratoses. Orchard Park Dermatology treats more than a thousand cases of skin cancer each year. National statistics show that one of every five people in this country will develop skin cancer by age 70. Nearly 179,000 will be diagnosed with melanoma, the gravest type of skin cancer, and more than 7,000 will not survive the disease.
Simply put, everyone is at risk of skin cancer – with or without a family history of cancer, tanning, or time spent outdoors. Regular skin cancer screening, with expert eyes, is an important part of your overall healthcare.
Continuum of care
At Orchard Park Dermatology, our goal is to keep your skin cancer-free and luminous. Our team is with you every step of the way:
- Annual full-body skin cancer screening – At your initial visit, we will check you head to toe and evaluate any suspicious lesions. This painless, discreet screening serves as an essential baseline for annual re-checks, highlighting changes and new spots.
- Monthly self-check instruction – We show you how to check your own skin from head-to-toe, and teach the ABCDE warning signs of skin cancer, so you know when to get a professional opinion promptly.
- Diagnosis – Concerns are analyzed under magnification and a biopsy is performed on-site.
- Treatment – With medications, surgical excision, or other appropriate therapies.
- Skin protection products – Recommendation on sunscreen and instructions for use.
- Solutions for sun-damaged skin – Talk with our providers about cosmetic treatments that help to reverse tone and textural changes caused by the sun.
Any diagnosis of skin cancer is serious, and can happen to anyone. Yet with early detection, prognosis is very good. Please call (716) 675-7000 now to schedule your skin cancer screening at Orchard Park Dermatology in Orchard Park, NY. We care about your skin health.