What you need to know about Microneedling treatments available in Orchard Park, New York
Physician-quality skin care products can provide tremendous benefits. Yet topical preparations cannot generate the level of rejuvenation that comes from within – from your body’s own regenerative processes. Many men and women in Orchard Park, NY are taking advantage of microneedling treatments for effective skin revitalization.
Important facts about the procedure
The aestheticians at Orchard Park Dermatology utilize a microneedling pen. This device contains a dozen surgical-grade needles. The oscillating head is passed over skin, allowing the hair-fine needles to penetrate to a carefully controlled depth, creating about 1,300 microchannels in skin per second. This delivery system allows vertical penetration for maximum results with minimal risk of side effects.
Each microscopic penetration point stimulates a healing response in deep skin layers. A microneedling facial rejuvenates the skin by triggering the natural production of collagen, elastin, and growth factors.
Skin needling treatment provides effective correction of:
- Aging skin – thin, dry, lax, fine lines, and wrinkles
- Ultraviolet damage
- Pigmentation irregularities – freckles, sun spots, age spots, vitiligo, rosacea, melasma, and more
- Visible blood vessels
- Dilated pores
- Milia and many other superficial skin conditions
- Stretch marks
The skin has a fresh glow after just one microneedling session. It becomes thicker, firmer, and more resilient, with even tone and texture with a series of treatments (usually three or more) spaced a month or two apart. Internal regeneration continues for up to 24 months after the treatment plan is completed.
Key benefits of microneedling treatments in Orchard Park, NY
- Safe, sterile, single-use application system.
- Fast and comfortable – just a few minutes in the chair for full face treatment.
- Non-thermal method, so there is no heat-related discomfort.
- Non-ablative (surface skin is not removed).
- No downtime – minor pinkness and swelling resolve in a day or two. Meanwhile, you may resume usual activities and wear makeup the next day.
- Safe for all skin types and colors.
- Minimal risk of injury to skin.
- Long-lasting rejuvenation.
Microneedling is the natural way to achieve softer, smoother, radiant skin. It improves the penetration of topical skin care products. Microneedling also boosts the benefits of injectable neuromodulators and dermal fillers and helps skin “bounce back” after cosmetic surgery.
Schedule a consultation to find out if microneedling is right for you – call (716) 675-7000.
Dr. Peter Accetta is dedicated to developing and preserving his patients' skin's health and brightness. Dr. Accetta is a dermatological board-certified physician who graduated from Fordham University and the University at Buffalo Jacobs School of Medicine. He is a member of both the American Academy of Dermatology and the American Society of Dermatologic Surgery.
He likes all facets of dermatological practice, but he is particularly interested in general dermatologic therapy and skin cancer care. He specializes in photodynamic therapies.
When you put your trust in Dr. Accetta and his staff, you can expect prompt attention to your requirements, competence, experience, and real compassion.