Orchard Park, NY dermatologist advice on daily skin care regimen
The best way to maintain a healthy, radiant complexion is to protect and preserve it. A daily skin care regimen with the correct products for your skin type helps to prevent many of the medical and aesthetic conditions that cause concern. Orchard Park, NY dermatologist, Dr. Peter Accetta, shares this helpful advice.
Step-by-step skin care regimen
Orchard Park, NY patients get skilled guidance from a team of experienced aestheticians and enjoy the convenience of on-site product sales at Orchard Park Dermatology. It starts with a free comprehensive skin evaluation. Then we design a skin care routine to fight signs of aging and keep skin vital.
Your skin care regimen is personalized, but expects these general guidelines to be built into it:
- Wash your face in the morning and before bed. If you wear makeup, remove it with a product intended for that purpose. Wash with a gentle cleanser and light touch. Rinse with tepid water and pat skin dry without rubbing. Finish with a few drops of toner on a cotton pad, then continue with your recommended skin care routine provided by our aesthetician.
- Twice a week exfoliation helps to remove dead cells and keep pores from clogging. It also stimulates circulation, for a healthy glow.
- Your complexion does not end at your chin. Apply moisturizer from neck to feet after every bath or shower.
- UV protection is critical! Get in the habit of applying high SPF, broad-spectrum sunscreen all over, each morning. Your sunscreen should contain an SPF of 30 or more and be mineral based including zinc oxide or titanium dioxide. The few minutes it takes return tremendous anti-aging benefits and reduce risk of skin cancer.
- Perform a monthly self-examination to watch for suspicious moles and schedule an annual whole-body skin cancer screening with a Board-certified dermatologist.
- Avoid tanning beds and outdoor tanning.
- Hydrate skin internally by drinking plenty of plain water.
- Strive to eat a well-balanced diet emphasizing fresh produce and minimizing processed foods.
- Get enough rest. Skin is very susceptible to stress, and deep sleep is vital for rejuvenation.
- If you smoke, please consider a cessation program – for your skin and your life.
At Orchard Park Dermatology, we take skin care seriously. Call (716) 675-7000 to schedule an appointment at our Orchard Park, NY office.