9-plus benefits of microneedling services offered to residents in Orchard Park, New York
Orchard Park Dermatology has cultivated a loyal following among patients in Greater Buffalo with sophisticated technologies and advanced alternatives to invasive surgical procedures. Microneedling services in Orchard Park, NY complement the wide array of cosmetic dermatology and aesthetic treatments available at the office of Dr. Peter Accetta. Our patients have experienced many benefits with this natural, safe, precision, low-risk, no-downtime way to correct signs of aging and ultraviolet damage, as well as many other conditions.
The science of microneedling, explained
To understand the benefits of microneedling, it is important to know how this exciting type of treatment helps patients smooth and soften their skin and rejuvenate their appearance. The skilled professionals at Orchard Park Dermatology apply a device that resembles a pen to the areas to be treated. Equipped with a dozen hair-fine, medical-grade needles, the microneedling pen is passed over visible pores and blood vessels, hyperpigmentation, lines and wrinkles, acne, scars, stretch marks, and other conditions. This process gently creates 1,300 precisely placed “micro”-channels per second. These controlled, predictable “injuries” hasten a therapeutic, healing process: the production of collagen, elastin, and growth factors. Our body produces these proteins and substances naturally. They contribute to skin’s youthful texture, tone, and luminosity. Microneedling jumpstarts the creation of these beneficial substances, which are produced naturally at a slower rate as we get older.
The distinctive benefits, demystified
Microneedling is an attractive alternative to both invasive surgical procedures and other types of minimally invasive, non-surgical procedures, due to several unique characteristics:
- This technique is well-tolerated and non-thermal. So, it does not produce excess heat and related discomfort. Patients compare the sensation of the pen passing over their skin to sandpaper. A cream may be applied to numb the area for added comfort.
- The device is designed with a single-use feature that eliminates the possibility of double usage or contamination. So, treatment is very safe and sterile.
- The microneedling pen is equipped with capabilities that allow for needle depths and speed to be adjusted precisely, which allows for highly customized treatment.
- Furthermore, medical-grade needles minimize the drag and damage on the skin.
- Side effects are minimal, temporary, and like other minimally invasive treatments; for instance, redness that resembles a sunburn or windburn.
- Unlike some laser-assisted treatments, microneedling is safe for all skin types and complexions.
- Treatment can be completed in just a few minutes.
- Microneedling heals and rejuvenates in the deeper skin layers, from the “inside out,” while leaving the surface skin untouched. Such non-ablative treatment is typically associated with low to no downtime, fewer side effects, and lower risks of complications.
- The post-treatment experience is typically uneventful, if you follow instructions provided by the Orchard Park Dermatology team (such as sun avoidance, protection).
Since microneedling promotes a restorative process, patients often require at least three treatments, scheduled one or two months apart, to get the results they desire: however, these results last – for up to 24 months. Microneedling even optimizes the results from other treatments and products recommended by our professionals. Your skin can better “drink in” serums and other skin care topicals post-treatment, and microneedling helps to facilitate recovery and results from nonsurgical and surgical cosmetic treatments, including Botox and dermal fillers.
Experience the benefits firsthand. Call (716) 675-7000 to schedule your consultation at the Orchard Park, NY office.
Dr. Peter Accetta is dedicated to developing and preserving his patients' skin's health and brightness. Dr. Accetta is a dermatological board-certified physician who graduated from Fordham University and the University at Buffalo Jacobs School of Medicine. He is a member of both the American Academy of Dermatology and the American Society of Dermatologic Surgery.
He likes all facets of dermatological practice, but he is particularly interested in general dermatologic therapy and skin cancer care. He specializes in photodynamic therapies.
When you put your trust in Dr. Accetta and his staff, you can expect prompt attention to your requirements, competence, experience, and real compassion.
Shre this Article
Back to Microneedling Page